" To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow." - Audrey Hepburn

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A New Way of Baking: The Paleo Baking Experience

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a total sweet tooth! So when trying to eat clean and keep my diet healthy, I've always struggled with my cravings for sweets! Last year I joined Crossfit and fell in love with the box (what we call the gym), the community there, and the WODs! The people there are like a family. They inspired me to live a healthier lifestyle with fitness and clean eating. I became interested in the Paleo diet. I am a total carbaholic! I knew I ate too many carbs. So while I was doing Crossfit, I set a goal to limit my carbs. I did pretty good with limiting how much carbs I ate, except for the weak moments where I let my cravings get the best of me! 

My friend Deborah has embraced the Paleo diet/lifestyle. When I stayed with her for a week in New Mexico this summer, we ate Paleo the whole week. I felt so much better! I had more energy. I had less bloating and digestive problems. It was amazing the difference that it made in how I felt! Then I came back home- the new school year began. I was swamped at work and stressed out. I stopped going to Crossfit. I was in a slump, BIG time!  So, I fell off the wagon and didn't focus on eating clean or my fitness!  It is a lifestyle not a diet! I've heard people say it over and over. It is so true!

I know it is so cliche making resolutions for the approaching new year. Most people, including me, make resolutions they will never keep. But I truly want to be dedicated to the lifestyle of eating clean,  dedicating time to fitness, and just simply finding ways to be healthy- physically, mentally, and emotionally. 

SO, this is what has prompted me to play in the kitchen tonight- and try out a new recipe I found on a blog that I absolutely LOVE: "Against all Grain." I've loved looking at the recipes on Danielle's blog for several months now, but never tried one- until tonight! I baked her "Real Deal Chocolate Chip cookies" tonight! Let me tell you, they ARE the real deal! They are delicious- and they have no grains! I am loving learning a new way of baking. These cookies have made me a believer in baking with almond flour and coconut flour! Even the hubby gave the cookies his seal of approval! He loved them! I am so excited about finding more recipes to try out! 



I even got to rock my new apron that I bought from the Loveless Cafe in Nashville! I love it! So vintage- looking! Happy Baking everyone! If you have a Paleo recipe that you have made that you love, please share with me in the comments below! Below is the link to the recipe for Danielle's amazing Chocolate Chip cookies! 

2 comments:

  1. Julie, you did it- you started a new blog! It looks fabulous! I plan on being your first follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks sweetie! You inspired me to do it! I love reading your blog!

      Delete